Did I Miss A Day??

Well, they all say that you will get food poisoning or water poisoning or air poisoning when you are over here. I believed it, and got it, but what they didnt tell you is you will lose a day or two and not even realize it. It's 6am and we are already leaving Chiang Mai for Chiang Rai! I feel like I only had a day here, when really it was 5.


We spent one day doing what I am finding I like the most here, jumping on a bike and crusing the town! We checked out some temples and I found my elephants being worshiped on the side of one.


Because I am still healing from hugging the toilet, I apparently can't fathom the idea of eating thai food yet, depressing. So all I wanted was a tuna sandwhich (quiet, Jordana). I found heaven in a sandwich and thai iced tea.

Yesterday was great. We spent 160 baht (around $5) to jump in the back of a truck taxi and climb a mountain to see a palace and the most sacred Wat (temple) in Chiang Mai. Obviously, I was dressed wrong so while I didnt include the most heinous picture of what they made me wear, I will include the process of them slapping on some "oh, man...please cover up you dumb American" robes.

One would think that someone who has spent the last 2 years working in Israel where you never think twice to cover up would know better. BUT, im gonna blame it on the food/water poisoning.



This was from the top of the 376 steps that we treked up, thank G its not too hot here.


Mom, in her fav. pose.


And here is my favorite. We found this guy in a temple while riding around. Mom literally sat there for an hour watching him. She was miming to Thai people a heart beat to ask, "is he real? is he human?" For SOME reason they didnt understand. When we asked outside, they told us he is a Monk who died a while ago, this was his wax statue. Whatevs, we were sitting by fans so it was ok.

See you in Chiang Rai!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fair LadyBoy

So, I Guess We're Doing This?? 3k Mile Roadtrip, Here We Go!

Just to the Right of Burning Man