Entering the World of Cambodia

Oh man...how quickly a butt goes numb during a 18hr busride just to cross a border. It was NOT my favorite moment of my trip, but a necessary one. Not only did it teach me how to get myself into a Zen state (or else I would punch everyone around me in the face) but it also taught me to never take money for granted. Neil and I had to live on $1 for 2 days because we used every last penny to cross the beautiful border you see below (yup, thats the Laos/Cambodian border). So...we survived off a roll of bread and cheese. Oh, and for anyone that has never seen a squat toilet, this is what I have been dealing with for 2 months.





Once we got to Cambodia, and after the quick trip to the ATM, we experienced the amazingness that has been my trip. During this trip I have gone from chasing cockroaches off my bed to then sleeping in the most beautiful hotels in the world. Thanks to a WONDERFUL family friend, we were graced with the good that is Le Meridien. I know...SO not cool backpacker, but I could have cared less once I saw the pool.





But, we made up for the shwanky-ness by eating on the streets of Siem Reap. It was actually one of my favorite meals ever! But a little bittersweet cause I was saying goodbye to my travel partner in crime, Neil :( Very sad, but he had to move on and do the Thai beaches and I am not done with Cambodia yet!



Neil also forced me to experience my own personal hell (for the second time in Asia) and put my feet in a huge tub of fish that eat my feet. THE WORST, but my feet were quite deliciously smooth after!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fair LadyBoy

Just to the Right of Burning Man

There's Kimchee Everywhere!!