You-tah, Me-tah, We-tah!

 The desert was a great intro to our trip, but now it is time to DIG in.  It was our first big 8-hr day of driving and to feel out how we try and work it so Noah doesn’t sit in a straight jacket position for an entire day and we don’t just drive by everything frantically taking pictures out the window.  

We spent the night in Willard Bay and had a great spot right on the lake.  Sometimes on these trips, I look back at the hours and hours of research I have done to try and find the right spot for us to lay our heads, with zero context of what these tiny campgrounds look like, and I give myself a high five.  While we stood at the lake, with Noah sleeping in the camper, we got to enjoy the stars and a VERY safe fire, and it made me so thankful for the booking decisions that pay off.  Sometimes booking blindly can lead to a jam packed RV park where you are sandwiched between a family of 19 who only speak to each other by screaming and on the other side is seemingly a wannabe dog shelter with endless yipping starting at 6am.  But this one was lovely. 





Michael cooked another fab breakfast of a ton of veggies and eggs, which always feels good to be off the grid and still whip up healthy meals on the road.  Mama would be proud.  

We were excited to cross another state line and get into Wyoming!  I have never been, I just know that my Drag goddess and guru RuPaul has a ranch there and our close friends were married there and we didn’t get to go.  I’m still waiting for the invite from Ru, if only she knew how much fun we would have together, so while I waited for her to reach out, we made our way to the wedding venue of our friends Kelly and Alex.  Apart from the gorgeous views on the property, they had a tipi!!  So that was a big win for our little hippie baby.

Post tipi it was time to get into these mountains them-folk-call the Grand Tetons.  This trip is a race to take advantage of every minute of daylight, so at 6pm we hit a trail and did a high powered hike.  Wow, I need so much more time here.





We finished off the eve by pulling up next to the lake and Michael made us a dinner I would have been pumped if someone put in front of me at a restaurant.  The things you can do in a tiny 25ft space! 









Comments

  1. Truly extraordinary sites! I love the tipi. Michael, please build one here on our property so you can camp in it Gorgeous lakeside camp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Fair LadyBoy

So, I Guess We're Doing This?? 3k Mile Roadtrip, Here We Go!

Just to the Right of Burning Man